June 25, 2009

Heimweh


Can you long for a place you have never been in your life? Can you experience a feeling of home, of belonging, of pieces falling into place for a landscape you have never travelled? Can you have your heart beat faster, your soul light up for a place you have not been born at?

I am tired. I am confused. I am full of fear. I want the hamster wheel to stop, so I can get off. Find some peace. Have someone hold me in their arms, rock me and whisper "It's all going to be alright...". I want to go home.

The place in the picture looks like home. The place in the picture FEELS like home. I am standing there, and my heart aches, my eyes water as I write this, and at the same time a calmness comes over me.

I want peace. I want to go home. Can I go home now, please?

1 comment:

Ricco Saenz said...

And some do not believe in the "trueness" (it's not just the truth, for what is truth?, but the sense of it) of the sl experience.

Wonderful pic, amazing landscape. May your heart find some comfort.