June 25, 2009

Heimweh


Can you long for a place you have never been in your life? Can you experience a feeling of home, of belonging, of pieces falling into place for a landscape you have never travelled? Can you have your heart beat faster, your soul light up for a place you have not been born at?

I am tired. I am confused. I am full of fear. I want the hamster wheel to stop, so I can get off. Find some peace. Have someone hold me in their arms, rock me and whisper "It's all going to be alright...". I want to go home.

The place in the picture looks like home. The place in the picture FEELS like home. I am standing there, and my heart aches, my eyes water as I write this, and at the same time a calmness comes over me.

I want peace. I want to go home. Can I go home now, please?
Post a Comment