March 31, 2009

Finally a lot of things make sense

Update March 2009: Lillie's blog was closed for several months, but she has finally reopened it again, so the below-linked posts are finally back to public consumption again.

My friend Lillie Yifu gets the whole spectrum of men presented on a daily basis by self-chosen trade. she made a series of four posts that are not always easy to digest, but which explained to me many things that happened in my adult life. The posts were a consolation, and in their brutal honesty also an eye-opener.

It's a lot to read, but it's worth reading:

http://sexsecond.blogspot.com/2008/04/page-from-men-missing-owners-manual.html
http://sexsecond.blogspot.com/2008/04/page-from-men-missing-owners-manual_19.html
http://sexsecond.blogspot.com/2008/04/short-letter-to-men.html
http://sexsecond.blogspot.com/2008/04/page-from-men-missing-owners-manual-why.html

4 comments:

Veronique Lalonde said...

It's too much to read. Brevity is the soul of wit, not to mention readability.

I know I shouldn't criticize if I haven't read it all, but I did read the first post and skimmed the others. It's hard to know where to begin, except to say that since Lilli's sample of men consists of her clients, it's not representative. As well, any time you generalize, as she does in spades, you're going to be wrong either some of the time or even much of the time.

Lillie Yifu said...

My experience is that the people who bitch the most about labels, fit in them the best.

That's true of fashion and other things as well.

Beijos.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Peter.. Lillie's posts put into words, some of my thoughts which have been bouncing around my wee melon for years. She does so eloquently and insightfully, often from a unique perspective, that I think some of us may be afraid to admit we identify with. She does so without apology, and
sometimes, when need be bluntly...which can be hard for some to swallow...but if they take the time to, with an open mind, they will expand further.

Veronique Lalonde said...

Did someone bitch about labels?