March 08, 2009

Client feedback on translation services


The second anniversary of Babel Translations is only 3 months away, and looking back is exciting and also satisfying. Building this business was challenging fun, and getting the brand recognition Babel has today, was hard work - but work that makes me proud.

In the past two days I got some very nice customer feedback, which I would like to share:
"I just wanted to tell you that, since yesterday when I updated the French translations, sales of 2 of my items have shot up."
I got a lot of comments like that over the years, and each time is as wonderful as the first time.
"You are 5% more expensive than competitor, so I had no choice, I cannot trust my translations to the 'cheaper'"
Almost exactly a year ago, the pricing issue came first to my attention. By then, I was known to lose clients because my services were too expensive. But in that case I had almost lost a client because I was too cheap! In the last year I was often tempted to lower prices or offer large discounts. But I did not. We offer quality work and try to give best customer service - and there is a price to be paid for that. Quotes like the above, and clients who come to me after being disappointed with a competitor, show me that there is something to be said for my approach.

I thank all the clients over those 21 months for their trust and their business!

1 comment:

Writ of Hocus Pocus said...

Congratulations Peter. :)