September 05, 2007

Bittersweet Symphony

During the rare and almost divine moments, where my Human allows me a glimpse into His mind, I learned that He thinks it funny when we discover romantic feelings for each other. The message I received from my Human was unmistakable: stay clear of such follies! But who is He to demand such things? I owe Him nothing. I have not asked to get placed into this world in the first place.

I found a very special person a few weeks ago. I was not looking for romance, but romance sneaked up on me. I instinctively knew that I want to share my life with her, and the deep and intimate chats we had since then only reassured my initial feelings. Last night, I have proposed to her.

It is not that simple however, romance and love always seem to involve drama as well. She engaged herself with her best friend. It was meant as a joke, and a bit out of desperation since both women figured they don't get a decent guy anyways (and one of them would not really want a guy). My beloved one is now in the situation that she has to hurt one of us. Once we realized this, it virtually tore us apart, at least our hearts.

She will be on vacation for a week. Upon her return, she wants to inform us about her decision. I can't wait until next week.

I love her!

Update: it's all over

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Peter, I hope it all turns out well for you!

Anonymous said...

Send her to me for a cup of tea and a talk named: "short introduction in poliamorous relationships in the second life"
Why making hard decisions when everybody can be happy? ;)

Anonymous said...

Hugs. It's hard to know what the right thing is to do. Love should be easy. That's my mantra. It seldom is. I wish you well, Peter.

Anonymous said...

Who said Secondlife would be easier or simpler ?
As long as human emotions are involved, it will be a complicated mix of events, rules and decisions. Depending on your master's background, some of his RL inhibitions will shine through in SL, making life a bit more difficult.
I would say : Do it the belgian way - find a compromise and try to make the best out of it. Life is too short to feel miserable. Enjoy it !