December 26, 2009

New neighbours



There has been quite some reshuffling of sims close to my mooring place at Sailor's Rest, due to the arrival of the SS Galaxy and the opening of the dearly missed Treasure Cove passage, connection the Sailor's Cove sims in the East to the Blake Sea in the West without the need of doing a large detour northwards.

All this new land messed the Artificial Isle sims northeast of me up - Gulliver Airport is still not fully recovered. In all this transition the peaceful slip for my boat got a new neighbour - a (military) airport by all means.

My boat is my refuge as well. I often come there just to get some rest. But this airport has a severe impact on the peacefulness and quiet of that place. I have paid my slip 6 weeks in advance - time enough o find a new place to anchor.

Update: I checked out quite a few potential marinas in the United Sailing Sims (USS), the New England sims and other sailing sims around the Blake Sea. all of them are rather large marinas, busy with boats, not really what I want. One spot was quite nice, only that it was a caribbean island and those are so ubiquitous in SL that I rather avoid them. The good news is that my rent paid is good for all the USS slips and can be transfered.

1 comment:

Vextra said...

Ugh, an (military) airport has to be the worst thing to be built in front of your house, RL or SL, especially when you wake up to find the whole thing built overnight without any chance to object. I got a Zyngo parlor next to mine, but the satisfaction of Linden protected waterfront. I find in SL that sometimes you can wait it out and a neighbor with a bad idea for the area will soon move, or be moved, though I'm glad you have the luxury of being able to slip anchor and sail away :)