September 20, 2009

9 months


Nine months seems to be a fateful number for relationships in SL, at least for me. Last night a lover that grew very close to my heart told me she can't be my lover anymore - for reasons I could not argue with.

This is the third romantic relationship that ended after 9 months. And while I know she will stay around as a close friend, and that there is still mutual love, that lack of love was not the reason at all, it hurts nevertheless. She leaves a huge gap, and a numb spot in my heart.

9 months... 9 wonderful months... bot only 9 months. Again.

3 comments:

Uccie Poultry said...

Huggs, Peter. That relationships are fleeting in Second Life is nothing new but it is encouraging that you keep trying. I've been with my Angela for about 2 years now and to celebrate that rarity we'll soon be renewing our wedding vows. If I knew how to bottle that magic that I happened across I would certainly give it to you. But I wouldn't have this if I had given up after one short-lived relationship after another. Maybe the accelerated pace of living in the virtual is to blame, but it can be an advantage in kindling something new in less time than you expect.

Definitely Gibbs said...

If the reason isn't lack of love from either side...i wish you 2 can work hard together and fight for it until the end...all the best, boss.

Anonymous said...

Peter, you show your maturity and strength in the way you handle these difficult times. I know how much you hurt *tight hugs*