August 01, 2007

Graduation, Part 2

Actually I wanted to elaborate. Actually I wanted to give an analysis. Actually I wanted to vent some heat. But almost 2 weeks have passed since then, and that made me indifferent. I still feel it is some sort of graduation, making my SL fuller with experience.

Let's not beat around the bush: I got banned from my first sim recently.

There were no reasons given except "If you don't now you never will" (typo is original). I can only speculate about the reasons (I dared to voice criticism), and the fishy part is that I got banned after I have visited the sim in question for the first time in more than a month, and shortly after I talked (in publich chat) to one of its frequent visitors and asked how "the mood and politics" have evolved since I visited it the last time. And I trust that person NOT to have relayed it to the sim owner herselv.

But, as I said: I don't care anymore. I liked that sim when I visited it more often, but the novelty has worn off, and my focus and interests have evolved dramatically since then. I miss some of the friends I made in that sim, but IM was not cut off and if we want to meet we can do this at oher places. So I see it as taking the next step, becoming a "fuller" resident, completing a new layer of experience.