August 01, 2007

Graduation, Part 1

I told you they come in reverse order...

When you start in SL, you have a steep learning curve. However you don't REALIZE it is a steep learning curve, since everything is nice and interesting and SEEMS easy, and usually you find people who help you along. On of the first challenges is to model a decent outfit, other challenges are learning to use the controls etc.

I personally think there are many milestones in order to become a seasoned citizen, and one of these milestones is a clash with Prokofy Neva. I had my clash with her on June 17, after I read an article on the Second Life Insider which linked to a griefer group website. At that point, I have never heard of Prokofy before, but the linked article held so much hate and loathe for her that I fired an IM in Prok's direction simply asking "Why do the griefers hate you so much?".

I can very well imagine the smirk on the face of people who know Prokofy reading this. Of course I did not know who I talked to, and I only felt symphatetic for her. Her response, however, teached me better. Here's the "Best of...":

  • Prokofy Neva: um, you're one of them, and playing dumb, DER
  • Prokofy Neva: you must be one of them or from SA if you have to ask this question, retarde
  • Prokofy Neva: anyway who gives this link [...] is one of them, or a sympathizer
  • Prokofy Neva: the SL Insider sympathizes with griefers; they are rehabilitating plastic duck
  • Prokofy Neva: ERRR???? what a total fake! rolls eyes
I get a great chuckle every time I tell this story. So even though it seems fairly easy to get into an argument with Prokofy, I still consider it a graduating event for me :-)
Post a Comment