April 01, 2009

One journey ends, the next journey begins


The journey of Peter Stindberg has come to an end. This morning's email brought the final confirmation - the account will be put on hold. My journey will continue though - as Peter Linden.

Based on my experience with translation work in Second Life, I will coordinate the multilingual efforts of Linden Lab. This includes proper localization of the viewer into the major SL languages, creating multilingual versions of the Linden Lab blogs, creating language specific portals for each country and working closely with the communities in-world for those languages, but it will also focus on adding multilingual capacities to the Linden Scripting Language. Part of this will include work with the metrics group to determine a resident's language more reliably through behavioral patterns (which sims get visited, what language gets used in open chat and IM's) than the simple viewer language detection.

I thank all my friends and readers for their support so far, and I hope they will extend their friendship to Peter Linden as well.

Good bye - and hello!

20 comments:

Zippora Zabelin said...

/me wants a bear!!!

London Spengler said...

For personal motives, I will simply copy/paste part of the IM I sent Peter:

[0:56] London Spengler: Ohh, no, another one bites the dust :-(
[0:56] London Spengler: My congratulations, of course!
[0:56] London Spengler: But now I will see you around a lot like Peter Linden and we will not be able to talk as usual until you log like the old Peter.

And of course, and also for personal motives, remember what I told you about your head, dear!

Quaintly Tuqiri said...

Good try, Peter, very good try :-P

Unknown said...

Congrats Peter, (Hmm, if this is a not another April's fool :) )

Anonymous said...

See ya tomorrow! :P

Anonymous said...

Yeah right! You won't fool me Peter but nice try :p

Trinity Dechou said...

I really do believe that you should have got a better name. I quite like Translator Linden!

Zippora Zabelin said...

@Trini I'd suggest Babelfish Linden :D

Nadine Nozaki said...

Gratz, or, Do i need to change my friend list? Will you be PG now?

Adz Childs said...

Congratulations, friend.

Anonymous said...

congrats Peter, looks like a few of us will now have to behave...LOL

Annyka Bekkers said...

oooh, you almost got me!

Veronique Lalonde said...

I got spoofed once already. That was enough. Make this announcement tomorrow and I'll think about believing you, you naughty boy. :)

Writ of Hocus Pocus said...

Yay Peter! *hug*

*suddenly stops, squints, and wonders if this is a hoax*

Raul Crimson said...

erm... why i can't believe it... i mean, is possible, you are more than good at what you do, but telling it today... ;-)

Ciaran Laval said...

Ok I'd have bought this if it hadn't been for that Tuqri woman! She's a smart cookie that one! She also cheats when she takes you fishing but don't tell her I said that.

Quaintly Tuqiri said...

Me, the supreme innocent, cheat? I'm an honest woman, I'll have you know, sir! *thwaps Ciaran* I'll get you for this, Mister! *dons kryptonite boots*

London Spengler said...

Now is April's two, I can finish my comment without spoiling anything.

I posted part of our chat because I fell for it, then Peter told me "April's Fool", then I knocked his head off.

Yes, I am THAT violent .-p.

Tiffy Vella said...

heheh Peter--Happy April Fools to you ;)

Ari Blackthorne™ said...

Congratulations!

Now we all can say "we knew you!" ;)

Very happy for you, wish much success.